Saturday, January 10, 2009

Health Care Reform From The Bottom Up

So Private It Lost Me

One of the top priorities of the Obama administration is reforming our health care system by reducing its cost. It should take a long look at the costs imposed on the industry by government regulations. We offer the following example which by itself is minuscule but in total is useless and borderline stupid.

In 2003 I purchased a vision/dental plan from Safeguard, the premium deducted monthly from my checking account. Over the years Safeguard sold the account to Nationwide which in turn sold it to Health Net.

Two months ago I cancelled the policy but Safeguard and Nationwide had no record of my account.

Yesterday, Jan. 7, 2009, I received a letter from Safeguard. It informed me federal law requires them to remind me of my privacy rights.

Go figure.

No comments: